XBMC Issues With Smb

I’ve been having issues with XBMC playing files served through samba, I don’t recall when this started, but for sometime I couldn’t even browse the collection of files in my own server. Nothing changed, well, I did upgrade Ubuntu to 10.04 on my server, but I think this was happening before that.

Anyway, I browsed the internet and didn’t find anything related to this error or how to fix it.

After looking around in the configuration I’ve found something which caught my eye and I got it working.

The error I was getting was:

1
2
3
23:09:42 T:3077850992 M:1831804928   ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://'
unix_err:'2' error : 'No such file or directory'
23:09:42 T:3077850992 M:1831804928   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting smb://

And what I had to do is remove the XML path in $HOME/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml that started with the tag <smb>. Removed that, restarted XBMC and things started to work again.

Comments